Wednesday, February 1, 2017

First FO of 2017

So, first thing's first.  I finished the baby blanket!  This took me a little over a month, which is actually pretty good when it comes to baby blankets (for me, anyway).  By finished, I of course mean I still need to block and weave in the ends.  The pattern was super easy, and, bonus, it's free!  At first, I was turned off because of the charts, but they make a lot of sense in this case.  (I hate charts.  HATE. Charts.)

Look at this work of art!

I used KnitPicks Brava Worsted in Lady Slipper.  The actual color is far more purple than the image above is letting on.  The yarn is 100% premium acrylic 218 yards/100 grams.  Generally I run far, far away from acrylic yarn as all I picture is SuperSaver.  I can feel the scratchiness thinking about it. Brava is super squishy and soft - I was happily surprised.  I would use this again if I had anything that called for a worsted weight yarn that needs to take a beating.

With the baby blanket complete, I can finally work on my schweater again!  This is Ease by Alicia Plummer.  It's a paid pattern ($6.50) and the pattern is simple and easy to follow.  I used size 9s for the body and sleeves and 6s for the body ribbing.  I tried the 10s the pattern calls for, but it was way too large.  Luckily, my darling boyfriend pointed that out, because I like to live on the wild side and not do a gauge swatch.  As of today, I've finished the right sleeve and I'm working on the left sleeve as I write this.  Hopefully, I can update this blog again soon with Ease as a FO.

I'm making Ease out of  KnitPicks Preciosa Tonal Worsted in Panther.  It's a worsted weight 100% merino wool 273 yards/100 grams.  It is so, so soft.  I'm in love with it's softiness.  It's advertised as a tonal but it's sort of a striping yarn between dark gray and black.  This doesn't bother me at all, but there is some color pooling right in the front of the sweater.



Current works in progress:

Finished Objects:

Acquired:

Nothing! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment